How cookies are used on this site
When we provide services, we want to make them easy, useful and reliable. Where services are delivered on the internet, this sometimes involves placing small amounts of information on your device, for example your computer or mobile phone. These include small files known as "cookies". We do not use these to identify you personally, or to hold any personal data.
These pieces of information are used to improve services for you through, for example:
- enabling a service to recognise your device so you don't have to give the same information several times during one task
- recognising that you may already have provided a username and password so that you don't need to keep repeating these for every web page requested
- measuring how many people are using services so they can be improved and there is enough capacity to ensure they are fast
You can easily manage these small files yourself if you know how. You can find guidance on managing cookies on the Directgov website
Cookies used by this service
Persistent cookies remain on your computer for a specified time and so are saved to your computer's hard disk. We use persistent cookies to:
- identify that a registered user has returned
- securely remember your login User ID
- understand how you use our site and maintain your selections
Our cookies are set to expire in 24 hours.